Clemson starting safety Andrew Mukuba met with the media on Wednesday ahead of the Tigers’ season opening road matchup on Labor Day night against the Duke Blue Devils.
What We Heard:
- Mukuba said playing the Nickel/Sam is something he is ready for. He feels like he has put on the weight to allow him to have success at the position. Said there are a lot of different ways he can be used out of the nickel spot, but also noted he would still be playing some safety too.
- Mukuba said Duke will be a good challenge and said the Blue Devils have a “pretty good” receiving core.
- Mukuba said he believes the Tigers have the best group of safeties in the country.
- Eliminating the big plays has been a focus of the defense this fall.
- Mukuba said Cade Kubnik has “Texas speed,” calling him sneaky fast.
- Mukuba said the Clemson defense will have to play disciplined to beat Duke in the season opener.
- Also called Clemson starting linebackers the best in the country.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson