CLEMSON- After catching seven passes for 137 yards and a touchdown in the No. 25 Tigers 66-17 win over Charleston Southern, Clemson WR Beaux Collins met with the media to discuss a much-improved showing from the offense.
What We Heard
- Collins felt like the offense played better on Saturday. “I feel like we just had to tighten up and realize we do this every day in practice. Like the routine plays we were missing and the simple mistakes that we had last week and the first half of this game.”
- On the fans already giving up on the team, “Whoever quits on us, they aren’t real fans.” Collins went on to note this is the most points the offense has put up in quite some time.
- Collins said even after the early mistakes that put the Tigers down 14-7 no one panicked.
- The wideout knows he is going to hear it from Dabo Swinney about letting up before reaching the end zone on his long touchdown catch. Knows that is something that can’t happen again.
- “Once we get into a rhythm, it is going to be lights out. I feel like no one can stop us.”
- Collins said Cade Klubnik is only a sophomore and is still growing as a quarterback. “We just have to keep him lifted up.”
- I feel like he is going to grow out of that real quick,” Collins said about Klubnik’s miscues. Said Dabo Swinney does a good job of keeping Klubnik from getting too amped up during games.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson