CLEMSON- Clemson’s secondary registered four interceptions in the 42-21 win over Georgia Tech on Saturday.
Freshmen corners Avieon Terrell and Shleton Lewis each picked off a pass in the vicory, with Lewis returning his for a touchdown. The two met with the media after the win to recap the performance.
What We Heard
- On his one-handed interception: “I had told my coach the drive before that they were fixing to do a stop and go. It was just crazy they did it the next drive. I was anticipating it.”
- On Ga Tech QB Haynes King: “He was confused. Coach Wes (Goodwin) drew up a good defense. He didn’t know if we were running zone or man.”
- “We know it coming into the week, that we was going to dominate.”
- On the four picks, all by freshmen defensive backs: “We’re going to be lit the next couple of years.”
- On the crowd at Death Valley: “I don’t even really be hearing the crowd when I am on the field. Was it loud out there? Hopefully it was. Glad we got the win since Clemson is a military school.”
- On North Carolina: “I expect them to try and come in here and do what they do.”
- On holding Ga tech to 1 passing yard in first half: “Being physical with their receivers.”
- On if Terrell Island is back: “Yes, it is.” He says he has a great relationship with older brother AJ and that they talk every day.
- “My confidence goes up every week. I get way more confident at practice.”
- “I know every play I got to be locked in.”
- “Every time we win the turnover margin, we win.”
- On Mike Reed: “He is the best. He keeps us focused.”
- On cleaning up the mistakes and turnovers and playing a clean game: “We are a 9-0 team that is 6-4.”
- On his pick six: “Knowing the down and playing the sticks. Without that great D-Line you don’t get the ball out quick. Just knowing the situation. I jumped it and took it back to the crib then celebrated with my team.”
- On the freshmen defensive backs: “The older guys taking us through the preparation. Just making sure that we good when they are not playing. Just thankful for the older guys. Just soaking up everything so when we get in the game we are all good.”
- On the rotation at CB: “Just going with what coach Reed rolls with. We are not mad if we don’t play. We know our role for the team so we all fill the role that we need to.”
- On the freshman class and what makes them stand out: “Coming in with that hunger. We wanted to contribute to the team while also knowing that the older guys came back. Just knowing that we have the intangibles that we need to make plays.”
- On two game winning streak: “We just got to wash the wins away and get back to work Monday. Head down and moving forward.”
- “We are going to get everybody’s best every game so just making sure we play our best.”
- On UNC: “Fixing the corrections from this game. We going to do that, come up with a gameplan on Monday and execute it.”
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz and recruiting analyst Jason Priester on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter: https://twitter.com/All_Clemson