CLEMSON—Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney was all smiles after the Tigers’ big 66-17 win over Charleston Southern Saturday afternoon.
Here is what Swinney said:
- We corrected a lot of mistakes and we were able to grow our team.”
- “I was pleased with all of our backup quarterbacks. . . I really love our running back room. . .we got some good guys in that room.” –
- Swinney on Beaux Collins and his early celebration “That will be a great coaching lesson on Monday. . but big game for him.”
- Troy Stellato’s production on receiver following two injury-plagued seasons. “We’ve been waiting on Stellato around here for two years. You got a chance to see why he’s worth the wait.”
- QB Cade Klubnik’s early struggles: “Just got to hang in there with him, because he’s gonna be a great one. Kind of reminds me of Tajh Boyd in 2011. Those first couple games, I thought Chad Morris was gonna eat his headset.”
- Klubnik’s Q1 pick-six was “about the worst throw you can make.”
- Message to his team at halftime, “Just settle down.”
- Clemson played 117 players today.
- “What you saw in the second half is what complementary football looks like. That’s Clemson football”
- WR Cole Turner had “a little strain in his lower-body area — he should be fine”
- “We’re a really talented group, and we didn’t have Cole [Turner] today. . .I think it just shows the readiness of guys.”
- “Lost the turnover margin again, and that’s something that we’ve got to grow out of if we’re going to have the type of season that we want to have. It cost us last week for sure. We have no more room for error.”
- Brown’s big punt return. “Big spark play … definitely proud of him after two games. He’s showed it’s not too big for him.”
- Mukuba and Turner have lower body injuries, and the two would be day-to-day for the upcoming week.
- “We did a lot of really good things on Monday night. . we did a lot of good things that you need to do to win football games. . . turnover will kill you.”
- “Nobody wants to hear it, but we did a lot of really good things in that game Monday night. It’s a dadgum shame we lost that game, but we did some things that you got to do to win football games.”
- “I know y’all didn’t like my comment the other day. I’ll take 200-plus, 200-plus every game.”
- On Stellato: “He got in kind of a bad spot last fall. But to his credit, he hung in there…Endurance creates toughness and you have to have toughness to survive and thrive in this world.”
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, and recruiting analyst Jason Priester on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson