CLEMSON—A somber Dabo Swinney met with the media following the Tigers’ 31-24 overtime loss to the Florida State Seminoles.
Here is what he had to say.
- “That honestly is as tough a loss as I’ve ever been a part of. You win one like that, it’s top of the world. You lose one like that, you’re sick to your stomach.”
- “Kind of the story of our season so far, the turnover margin. We are 2-2 this season because we’ve given up 36 points off turnovers”
- “Our defense, wow, what a second half. You give up 17 points to a great offense like (Florida State has), you should win the game.”
- On the 3rd-and-1 RPO in overtime: “We gotta be better as coaches and help our quarterback… That’s built-in to what we do. But we have to lock that and make sure that’s not an option.”
- “The offensive fumble (returned) for the touchdown was a critical play in the game. All the momentum turned right there.”
- “I thought Cade was amazing. That kid was amazing. An absolutely amazing performance by him…. I thought our receivers did a lot of good things and played well.”
- “It was a tough one to lose, but we did”
- Update on Antonio Williams or Nate Wiggins: “No.”
- “I thought we took a step forward with our receivers today”
- “Walker Parks is out for the year”
- “If you can’t see the heart of our team, you’re just blind.”
- “It is hard to be the same thing for eight years. We lost to a great team in overtime. We aren’t entitled to win the ACC every year. When we did not go in 2021, you all wrote us off. I believe we won last year. Did we not?”
- “We lost in overtime to a great team, a team that may go on and win the whole thing.”
- “It breaks my heart where we are, I wish I could say why. All I know is we’ve got a lot of good days ahead. And I believe that.”
- “We’ve been here before. Different challenge, same God”
- “I thought Wes (Goodwin) did a hell of a job”
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson