Veteran Clemson corner Sheridan Jones met with the media on Monday following the Tigers’ 31-14 win over Syracuse.
What We Heard
- “Clemson is a place where you are not just recruited for what you do on the football field but also the academics.”
- Jones talks about his father passing away when he was two years old and how his mother instilled a belief in success in him. Jones has three brothers, all athletes, one an All-American baseball player, but he laughingly says he is the better athlete of them all.
- “I just try to be the best corner I can be for this team. I just want to leave the best foundation that I can.”
- One lesson he would give the younger guys, “sometimes the ball doesn’t roll in your favor.”
- We are trying to put our best foot forward every day. Just try to win the day. You got to focus on what you can control first.”
- Jones said football is a “momentum-based game.” He feels like the Tigers can use this next game against Wake Forest to build up some momentum and feels like the bye coming the following week is coming at a good time to allow for some banged up guys to get healthy.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw and recruiting director Jason Priester on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter: https://twitter.com/All_Clemson