Clemson Tigers offensive coordinator Garrett Riley met with the media Monday and broke down the good, the bad and the ugly through the first half of the season.
Here is what we heard:
- “Big picture, we’ve been inconsistent too much, that’s probably the biggest thing. Good time to have a bye week for us.”
- To improve that? “Stay the course, approach it the same way with your guys as coaches and keep demanding it”
- On some of the offensive struggles last week: “It just felt like we were playing with 10. It was a guy here or there, and it wasn’t the same guy all the time. It was just, we played with 10 too many times in the Wake Forest game.”
- “We’ve gotten a certain number of games under our belt at this point. Those things can’t happen.”
- RPO exchange issues between Cade Klubnik and the running backs are “very frustrating”
- Wants 66.7 percent TD percentage (at 58 right now): “That’s something else we need to improve on.”
- OL & the offense overall have been inconsistent: “We’ve been really good at times & had some really nice stretches where we dominate, & we’ve had some stretches where we don’t. Just too many lapses as a whole offensively. Certainly some of that’s up front.”
- On this Clemson offense looking different than his at TCU: “Who we have and who we are right now, trying to work through it.”
- On WR Adam Randall (zero catches over last two weeks) falling out of the rotation: “He needs to play more. We shoulda gotten him in more last weekend … This is a big week for him”
Want to know more about what’s going on behind the scenes and get exclusive scoops surrounding the team? Snag that membership today and keep up with everything going on around Clemson athletics.
A monthly subscription of $4.99 gets you all this and more.
Death Valley Domain also wants to make you part of AllClemsonTigers.com with members-only Q&A sessions and virtual “Tiger Happy Hour” meet-ups where we talk Clemson sports from the comfort of wherever you are.
Want to save $10? Sign up for an entire year for just $49.99 right now.
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson