Clemson opens up ACC play this weekend, as the Tigers are set to host Duke for a three-game series.
Erik Bakich’s team comes in winners of six straight, and the head coach credits some timely hitting for part of his teams recent success.
“Just steady quality at bats, very consistent,” Bakich said. “Applying pressure doing a good job of hitting the ball hard, getting some big hits at times. Just finding ways to get runners into scoring position and move them along.
• Who – Duke (11-6, 1-2 ACC) vs. Clemson (11-6, 0-0 ACC)
• Best Ranking – DUK – NR; CU – NR
• When – Friday (7 p.m.), Saturday (3 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where – Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch – ACC Network Extra
• Overall Record – Clemson leads 130-75-2 (1904-2021)
• Record at Clemson – Clemson leads 68-31-1 (1905-2021
The Tigers, who come in with a team ERA of 4.14, will go with the same rotation used last weekend in the three-game sweep of Georgia State.
• Friday – LHP Jonathan Santucci (DUK) vs. RHP Austin Gordon (CU)
• Saturday – RHP Adam Bouchard (DUK) vs. LHP Tristan Smith (CU)
• Sunday – RHP Alex Gow (DUK) vs. LHP Caden Grice (CU)
Last time out, Clemson overcame a two run deficit in the eighth inning to knock off College of Charleston in midweek action.
Duke beat Presbyterian 15-2 at Fluor Field on Wednesday, after dropping two of three at home to Wake Forest last weekend. The Blue Devils have yet to play a true road game.
• Clemson, who has an 11-3 home record, defeated College of Charleston 4-3 at home on Tuesday.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.9 runs per game and hitting .297 with a .447 slugging percentage, .391 on-base percentage and 42 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.14 ERA, .260 opponents’ batting average and 2.68 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and Clemson is fielding .968.
• Duke, who has yet to play a road game and is averaging 9.6 runs per game, is led by 11th-year Head Coach Chris Pollard.
• The Blue Devils beat Presbyterian 15-2 at Fluor Field on Wednesday. They are hitting .298 and have a 2.57 ERA and .981 fielding percentage.
• Alex Mooney is hitting .375 with seven steals, Andrew Fischer is batting .370 and James Tallon has both of the team’s saves.
• Clemson is 3-2 when trailing entering the seventh inning and 3-4 when trailing entering the eighth inning.
• Clemson’s bullpen has a 9-5 record and 3.90 ERA in 90.0 innings pitched.
• Clemson is 9-1 when holding opponents to five runs or less.
*Clemson Athletics Communication contributed to this story.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson