Dabo Swinney said Friday that No. 9 Clemson enters Labor Day night at Duke healthy.
Based on the released travel roster, everyone does indeed appear in good shape. There no surprises as everyone who was supposed to be on there was listed an hour and a half before the game.
Here are a few quick notes on the travel roster:
- Misun Kelly was among a group of true freshmen who didn’t make the trip to Durham, N.C. The coaches would like to redshirt the receiver who could also play defensive back unless he’s needed down the road.
- Several true freshmen who could see their first action tonight include DT Peter Woods, DE David Ojiegbe, DE T.J. Parker, WR Tyler Brown, CB Shelton Lewis, S Kylon Griffin, LB Dee Crayton, LB Jamal Anderson, RB Jay Haynes, TE Olsen Patt-Henry, DT Sephiylan Green, S Khalil Barnes, OL Harris Sewell and DE A.J. Hoffler.
- The Tigers carried all five rostered quarterbacks to Durham. Hunter Helms is presumedly healthy after the No. 2 QB missed a few weeks of fall camp with a foot injury. True freshman Chris Vizzina made the trip but is fourth on the depth chart and expected to redshirt.
- Clemson carried both punters Aidan Swanson and Jack Smith. Swanson was listed first on the depth chart, but Swinney said there would be a competition that could last until a few weeks into the season, so both could play tonight.
- Injured players already expected to miss the trip include DT Vic Burley, DT Tre Williams and S Tyler Venables.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, and recruiting analyst Jason Priester on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson