Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney will attempt to tie College Football Hall of Famer Frank Howard as Clemson’s all-time winningest head coach when his Tigers host the Wake Forest Demon Deacons on Saturday, Oct. 7. Kickoff at Memorial Stadium in Clemson, S.C., is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET.
Here is what we heard from the head coach:
- Wake Forest week: “Just a good football team across the board, one we have a lot of respect for. Last year’s game against them, by far our worst on defense … we’ve got a lot to prove in this game for sure.”
- “They are always one of the best coached secondaries every year we play”
- “We’ve got two opponents this week. We’ve got Wake Forest and we’ve got breast cancer”
- “This is a well coached team and have been for a long time. They are unique in what they do”
- “We’ll be decorating for Christmas the next time we’re playing in the Valley.”
- Wake Forest QB Mitch Griffis…will “ride” the mesh and “butt-block people all day.” “He’ll ride it all the way in there and then give them a nice little momentum push and try to cut off your end with a body block. He’s a crafty player.”
- “Its going to take a great effort this week to slow these guys down”
- “The best is the standard means doing the best and making a commitment to being your best. Its not focused on being better than other people”
- People think that it means ‘the best,’ that’s not what it means. It’s about being our best, your best. “If you focus on being the best, that’s dangerous because you’re comparing yourself to other people.”
- “They take about 10 deep shots down the field a game. We played horrible and grew up after that game last year.”
- Tyler Brown being focused on bball until his 11th grade year. “Honestly, the best receivers we’ve had have been great basketball players. All of them … you’re not just a straightline guy, you’re always changing direction … it’s natural to high-point balls.”
- “It all comes down to Dave Clawson, man. It doesn’t matter who’s there, Dave’s gonna have them playing hard”
- Clemson hasn’t lost back-to-back games since ’11. “Eventually that will happen and will suck, but to me there’s nothing more that says who we are as program than that right there”
- “There is nothing more that says who we are more than not losing two games consecutively for the first time in 13 years. It shows that we respond”
- DB Nate Wiggins (knee) and WR Antonio Williams (ankle) “were moving around pretty good last night…We’re hopeful, but nothing definite there yet.”
AllClemsonTigers.com is now offering you an opportunity to get more out of Clemson coverage with our new “Death Valley Domain” membership.
The staff at AllClemsonTigers.com will continue to bring you free access to news stories, features, press conferences, recruiting mailbags and game recaps, but Death Valley Domain offers something else.
Want to know more about what’s going on behind the scenes and get exclusive scoops surrounding the team? Snag that membership today and keep up with everything going on around Clemson athletics.
A monthly subscription of $4.99 gets you all this and more.
Death Valley Domain also wants to make you part of AllClemsonTigers.com with members-only Q&A sessions and virtual “Tiger Happy Hour” meet-ups where we talk Clemson sports from the comfort of wherever you are.
Want to save $10? Sign up for an entire year for just $49.99 right now.
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson