CLEMSON— The Clemson Tigers open fall camp today, and with the start of camp comes head coach Dabo Swinney’s fall camp press conference. He was asked about the state of his team and the state of college football in general.
Here is what we heard:
- “All the metrics in our program and indicators of success are at an all-time high for our program.”
- “I want to see the results of the mental work that they’ve put in since January.”
- OL Harris Sewell: “Oh, he will help us. You don’t get many offensive linemen who come in with all the dots connected. I don’t think he’s gone backwards since I was on the field with him in the spring.”
- WR corps, says “it starts with Beaux (Collins).” Then mentions Antonio Williams as the next guy, and then Adam Randall/Cole Turner and Brannon Spector. Those five, that’s where it starts. If those five guys are available, we are gonna score a bunch of points.”
- On realignment: “It’s a lot going on for sure. Administrators got a lot happening out there. My job is getting the team ready to play. I don’t get caught up in all that stuff.”
- “I don’t know if it’s going to be this season, midseason, next year or three years from now, eventually we’re going to have 40, 50 teams and it’s going to be a 16-team playoff type of deal.”
- “It’s a lot going on for sure. Administrators got a lot happening out there. My job is getting the team ready to play. I don’t get caught up in all that stuff.”
- “There’s a lot of anxiety, there’s a lot of narratives that are out there … but I don’t control any of that.” “We will never have an equal alumni base to Ohio State,” Swinney adds, “but we’ve been able to compete and we always have.”
- On the o-line “It’s not who is the best five and then the worst. We’ve got a tough decision, in a good way, because I think we got seven or eight guys who can compete to be in the (top) five.”
- “I really anticipate Mafah and Shipley really feeding off of each other and making a lot of plays for the Tigers this year.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson