Clemson will play its 2023 home finale on Saturday, Nov. 18, when the Tigers host the North Carolina Tar Heels. Kickoff for Senior Day at Memorial Stadium in Clemson, S.C., is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET.
“Everybody’s been eating eggs and grits for the last couple weeks. We got a 3:30 game, that’ll be a great thing for our fans,” Swinney said Tuesday.
Here’s what we heard:
- “November’s off to a great start and we’ve got an opportunity for a great finish.”
- UNC QB Drake Maye: “This is another elite quarterback. This guy’s gonna play football for a long time, if the Good Lord keeps him healthy. He makes the popcorn taste better. Everything’s better when you got a dude like that.”
- UNC RB Omarion Hampton is “as good of a back as we’ve seen”
- On Senior Day: “Always a fun day to honor the guys that chose to come to Clemson, and finish … to see these guys graduate, and equip themselves with an education, that’s what college is all about. It’s a special time.”
- On UNC game last year: “Honestly we did not do a good job, they were a lot more efficient than we wanted them to be… the difference was they were 2 of 5 in the red zone… kind of like we have done this year”
- On Tyler Venables: “They released him this week, he is back, he was scout team player of the week imagine that… he is excited and has worked really really hard to get back… we will have him available and see how it goes.”
- Jalyn Phillips is still out
- Sheridan Jones has a chance to possibly play.
- On sharing with other coaches: “I’m not gonna let (Shane) Beamer come here and hang out, but we have an open-door policy. Coaches get together and share notes, but Nike doesn’t call up Adidas and get together and share notes.”
- On kicker going forward after this season: “We are going to sign who I think is the best kicker in the country this cycle.”
- Notes Robert Gunn has been bad in practice, as well as in games
- Hoping to get Marcus Tate and Brannon Spector back for the bowl game.
- On Antonio Williams: “He is progressing, we will just see, if he plays it will be next week, for sure I think the bowl game.”
The staff at AllClemsonTigers.com will continue to bring you free access to news stories, features, press conferences, recruiting mailbags and game recaps, but Death Valley Domain offers something else.
Want to know more about what’s going on behind the scenes and get exclusive scoops surrounding the team? Snag that membership today and keep up with everything going on around Clemson athletics, a monthly subscription of $4.99 gets you all this and more.
Death Valley Domain also wants to make you part of AllClemsonTigers.com with members-only Q&A sessions and virtual “Tiger Happy Hour” meet-ups where we talk Clemson sports from the comfort of wherever you are.
Want to save $10? Sign up for an entire year for just $49.99 right now.
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson