Clemson (4-3, 2-3 ACC) dropped a double-overtime decision to Miami (5-2, 1-2 ACC), 28-20, on Saturday night at Hard Rock Stadium. A goal-line stand by Miami in the second overtime sealed the victory for the Hurricanes, who snapped a four-game losing streak in the series. Clemson’s defense had nine tackles for loss, but Miami was able to string together points on four of its final five possessions to outlast the Tigers.
Here is what we heard:
- “Hey, ebbs and flows in the game on both sides, and they found a way to win and we found a way not to win. Just an unbelievably disappointing game. What we want, we have to deserve. “We didn’t deserve what we wanted.”
- “At the of the day, you overcome all of that crap, and you have a 10-point lead in the fourth quarter and you can’t finish. “They earned it. We got exactly what we deserved.”
- “You have to keep grinding, you have to keep moving.”
- “We are are 4-3. That is exactly what we deserved. I feel like I reliving the 2010 season.”
- On the last play being RPO: “No. It was a handoff. I have no answer. Just trying to do too much.”
- “My heart breaks for this team and all the people of Clemson … we had a great week of practice”
- “I don’t know why … We’re in position to win these games.” Keeps equating it to the 2010 season, says it’s different than the 2021 team in that it’s more talented. “I don’t have an answer … sometimes things don’t go the way you plan”
- “I don’t have an answer. Only thing I can tell you is what I tell myself: Sometimes things don’t go the way you plan…. Life has taught me that you’ve got to pick yourself up, hold your head up and go back to work.”
- I’m sorry to our fans. They certainly deserved better. As a team what we want we have to deserve. We didn’t deserve to win.”
- “I’m responsible. I’ve got to pick them up.”
- “The common thread is they’re happening in critical moments … Every coach and player has gotta take ownership.”
- Clemson’s struggles running the ball. “Their style of play was to make us throw the football … you are not gonna make a living running on Bear fronts. This was a team, they were saying ‘You have to make some plays (passing) … and we made some plays.”
- “Somehow I got to help them win. That’s my main responsibility.”
- “We put the defense in a bad spot the whole first half. But we had a 10-point lead in the 4th quarter…we didn’t finish.”
The staff at AllClemsonTigers.com will continue to bring you free access to news stories, features, press conferences, recruiting mailbags and game recaps, but Death Valley Domain offers something else.
Want to know more about what’s going on behind the scenes and get exclusive scoops surrounding the team? Snag that membership today and keep up with everything going on around Clemson athletics, a monthly subscription of $4.99 gets you all this and more.
Death Valley Domain also wants to make you part of AllClemsonTigers.com with members-only Q&A sessions and virtual “Tiger Happy Hour” meet-ups where we talk Clemson sports from the comfort of wherever you are.
Want to save $10? Sign up for an entire year for just $49.99 right now.
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson