CLEMSON — Dabo Swinney addressed the media for the first time this summer at the team’s football facility on Tuesday, kicking off the official, unofficial start to the 2023 season.
The Tigers are still a few weeks away from the start of fall camp, but the Clemson head coach heading into his 16th season at the helm was excited about his team and what’s to come this fall.
Here are a few highlights from Swinney’s time with the media:
- The Tigers are all set scholarship-wise and still have one left to give to whoever wins the starting long-snapper job in fall camp.
- Injury updates: Tyler Venables is likely going to redshirt this season following hip surgery.
- Swinney details his summer and trip to Africa.
- QB Cade Klubnik has put on some weight and is ready for the season.
- Freshman Chris Vizzina likely won’t see the field much in 2023, setting him up to be the quarterback for the 2024 class.
- A familiar former Clemson running back joins the staff.
- The players have put in the work needed to have a big season.
- Swinney expects to play a lot of offensive linemen this fall.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson