CLEMSON—Clemson offensive coordinator Garrett Riley met with the media to preview where the Tigers stand ahead of their opening game.
- “I think we’ve done a lot, accomplished a lot, have a grasp of who we are at this point in time … We’re well-rounded with a lotta guys who can make plays”
- I think that we have accomplished a lot since I first got here. Seeing the offense attack our great defense has been great.
- Riley on WR Adam Randall: “He’s a big man. He can really run, he’s physical and he’s hungry. That’s a motivated person that’s hungry to be great. It’s been great getting him back out there this fall camp… Everything’s been positive with Adam so far.”
- WR Tyler Brown: “He’s fast. He’s savvy. He’s all the things you want with his size and the position he plays (slot receiver) … What sets him apart is he’s a fearless player. He’s not afraid of contact and things like that.”
- “Cade is in a good spot. A lot of defenses make it tough. So helping him with post-snap reads, but other than that he is doing great.”
- Riley says Tristan Leigh and Collin Sadler — the current co-starters at left tackle — both deserve to play, “Both deserve to play. They are certainly both going to play in this game.”
- Cade Klubnik: “That’s one of the best traits a quarterback can have is a short-term memory & have confidence in himself that he’s going to bounce back & make the next play. I think Cade understands that, truly. That’s been ingrained in him for a long time now.”
- Riley on Klubnik’s energy: “You almost have to calm him down because he’s so amped up.”
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson