CLEMSON—The Clemson Tigers should realistically be down 21-0 instead it was two turnovers in the red zone by the North Carolina Tar Heels that led to a 14-7 lead for the Tigers at halftime.
- After the Tigers gave up a 43-yard pass from Drake Maye to Tez Walker, the defense stepped up in a huge way. On first-and-goal, the Tigers forced a fumble. UNC RB Omarion Hampton’s first fumble of the season.
- Dabo does it again: The Tiger offense moved to midfield but was forced to punt the ball. For the second week in a row, they faked the punt–this time a direct snap to Tyler Davis, who failed to convert the fourth-and-1. The Tar Heels used the good starting position to their favor as Maye threw a 33-yard TD pass to JJ Jones.
- Clemson was held without a TD in 7/8 ACC first quarters and scoreless in 6/8.
- Wiggins is a dog: Nate Wiggins showed off his speed and determination, as he chased down a sure touchdown and stripped the ball from behind.
- A much simpler, smarter fourth-and-1 call by Clemson (after that botched fake punt). Simple Cade Klubnik QB sneak from under center to convert and keep a drive alive inside the 10. Two plays later, Klubnik hits TE Jake Briningstool to tie the game at 7-7.
- The touchdown was Briningstool’s career-high fifth this season and the 10th of his career. He became the seventh TE in school history to record 10 career touchdown catches and tied Bennie Cunningham for the sixth-most career touchdown receptions by a TE in school history.
- Four three-and-outs on six possessions so far for Clemson’s offense is not good football.
- After Clemson was -4 in turnover margin during a two-game stretch vs. NC State/Miami, the Tigers are +5 in the last 10 quarters.
- Will Shipley fumbled inside the 10 to end Clemson’s most promising drive since an early TD … turnover margin is all even now after the Tigers’ second TO.
The staff at AllClemsonTigers.com will continue to bring you free access to news stories, features, press conferences, recruiting mailbags and game recaps, but Death Valley Domain offers something else.
Want to know more about what’s going on behind the scenes and get exclusive scoops surrounding the team? Snag that membership today and keep up with everything going on around Clemson athletics, a monthly subscription of $4.99 gets you all this and more.
Death Valley Domain also wants to make you part of AllClemsonTigers.com with members-only Q&A sessions and virtual “Tiger Happy Hour” meet-ups where we talk Clemson sports from the comfort of wherever you are.
Want to save $10? Sign up for an entire year for just $49.99 right now.
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson