CLEMSON—The Clemson Tigers found themselves in a battle with the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, trailing 7-0 at the end of the first quarter. However, a 21-point second quarter, highlighted by an incredible one-handed reception by Tyler Brown and a 32-yard rushing touchdown from Will Shipley, gave the Tigers a 21-7 lead.
Here are a few of our observations from the first half:
- Freshmen Shelton Lewis and Avieon Terrell starting at corner for Clemson.
- It was hard to tell if it was a bobble or intentional fake punt, but punter Aidan Swanson rushed the ball nowhere close to a first down on fourth-and-9 from the Clemson 21 — ran for 4 yards before getting gang tackled — and GT converted it three plays later into their first touchdown.
- The 7-0 lead for Georgia Tech was the first for the Yellow Jackets since 2014, the last time Tech won in the series.
- The Tigers answered with an 18-play, 75-yard drive that featured two fourth down conversions.
- Superb drive from Beaux Collins. in which he had three catches, 45 yards, and a touchdown on the back-shoulder throw from Klubnik in the end zone on third down.
- That drive lasting 9:51 of game time was Clemson’s longest scoring drive in school history and its second-longest drive overall, trailing only its 10:02 drive to run out the clock against Alabama in the National Championship Game to end the 2018 season.
- Clemson’s second straight scoring drive — this one ends in a one-handed catch by true freshman WR Tyler Brown, generating a “What a catch!” by the PA guy.
- Jeremiah Trotter Jr. has four tackles and two TFLs in the first quarter and a half of this game.
- Will Shipley with a team-high 87 total yards today.
- Tigers 4-4 on offensive fourth down conversion
- The Tigers held Tech to 1-yard passing.
The staff at AllClemsonTigers.com will continue to bring you free access to news stories, features, press conferences, recruiting mailbags and game recaps, but Death Valley Domain offers something else.
Want to know more about what’s going on behind the scenes and get exclusive scoops surrounding the team? Snag that membership today and keep up with everything going on around Clemson athletics, a monthly subscription of $4.99 gets you all this and more.
Death Valley Domain also wants to make you part of AllClemsonTigers.com with members-only Q&A sessions and virtual “Tiger Happy Hour” meet-ups where we talk Clemson sports from the comfort of wherever you are.
Want to save $10? Sign up for an entire year for just $49.99 right now.
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson