Clemson TE Jake Briningstool met with the media on Thursday to preview the ninth-ranked Tigers season-opening matchup against Duke.
What We Heard
- Briningstool said it has been a long camp and the team is ready to go out and compete against a real opponent. He is excited for others to get a chance to see the new offense.
- Creating and exploiting mismatches will be key for the offense against Duke.
- Briningstool said he is in great shape physically, as well as a knowledge standpoint. It is the most he has weighed since he has been at Clemson and he is as strong as he has ever been. “It is my time.”
- Briningstool noted how well Cade Klubnik has embraced a leadership role, going all the way back to before spring practice started.
- The explosiveness is what excites Briningstool the most about the new offense under Garrett Riley.
- Players are more “relaxed” and “having more fun” with the new scheme, according to Briningstool. He said there is a “hunger” to get the offense back to where it was after the two down seasons.
- Having backs like Will Shipley and Phil Mafah should help open up the middle of the field, according to the tight end. “I don’t think there is a way to stop all the playmakers we have.”
- Said Duke has “a very good defense,” and he is happy the Tigers will have that kind of challenge to start the season.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson