Starting S Jalyn Phillips addressed the media on Wednesday and touched on a number of topics following the Clemson Tigers’ 28-7 loss to Duke.
What We Heard
- Phillips said the Tigers made multiple mistakes that they need to correct, while at the same time crediting Duke. Having a “windshield mentality’ will be key this week.
- “Going through adversity helps. It helps build this team and see who is going to be ready for the long season.”
- Phillips said despite the issues, everybody stuck together on the sidelines and nobody “quit.”
- “Looking in the mirror and knowing that we got to be better.” Phillips said there was no pointing of fingers, that everyone took accountability.
- After watching the film, the biggest takeaway was all the mistakes are fixable. ‘Watch the film and get better from it.”
- “I’m so ready to get out there in front of our fans for the home opener.” Said he can’t wait to walk through the new Tiger Walk and see his name plate that is out there due to him being a team captain.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson