CLEMSON- Veteran safety Jalyn Phillips met with the media to recap the overtime loss to Florida State and preview Syracuse.
- “We have one of the best secondaries out there,” Phillips said responding to Jordan Travis’ comments about the Tigers disrespecting hm with man-on-man coverage.
- “Everybody was fighting to the end.”
- Phillips said it was “difficult” being 2-2 but like everything in life you have to learn from it and move on.
- Moving forward, Phillips said “we are going to need everybody,” on the defense.
- Phillips said Jeadyn Lukus is playing with a lot of confidence right now.
- Phillips called Nate Wiggins a “first round talent” and is happy his injury was nothing serious.
- Phillips has a lot of family from Upstate New York and is looking forward to the trip to Syracuse. “Gotta play good defense on our side.”
- Said Garrett Shrader was a little bigger than Jordan Travis but other than that they are similar in a lot of ways. “We have unbelievable confidence in the game plan Wes (Goodwin) gives us. We’ll be ready for the challenge.”
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter: https://twitter.com/All_Clemson