CLEMSON- After registering six tackles and a sack in the 31-24 overtime loss to Florida State, Clemson LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr. met with the media to recap what went wrong and where the Tigers go from here.
What We Heard
- Trotter said he was “super proud” of how the defense performed, despite the loss. Said the group needs to carry that over into next week. He was overly impressed by the effort of the defense.
- On keeping morale high after starting 2-2, Trotter said it is a mindset.
- On his sack of FSU QB Jordan Travis, Trotter credited Wes Goodwin for having the right play called.
- After having won so many close games over the years, Trotter said losing one was kind of surreal.
- He said taking the No. 4 Seminoles to overtime helped prove exactly what kind of team the Tigers have this year.
- Trotter said they have to quickly flush this one. He said they have the right mindset and the right people in the building to ensure they are in the right spot mentally. “We always have a now mentality.”
- Trotter said this team will not be focused on any outside noise or national narratives after the loss.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter: https://twitter.com/All_Clemson