Starting quarterback Cade Klubnik met with the media on Monday to recap the Tigers’ 48-14 win over FAU, as well as to look ahead to this weekend’s huge matchup against No. 4 Florida State.
What We Heard
- “I just had a lot of joy on Saturday,” Klubnik said about the early success against FAU. “It was a really fun game right off the bat, obviously got rolling early.
- “Great defense. Just all around a great team. It is going to be a great matchup for us,” Klubnik said about Florida State.
- “Thought we played a great game as a whole,” Klubnik said regarding last year’s win in Tallahassee. “They have great weapons all over. We will have to take advantage of every drive we get.”
- Klubnik did not agree that the offense “slowed down” in the third quarter against FAU. The quarterback thought it was more about not finishing on one drive where the offense turned it over on downs.
- Klubnik credited Will Shipley and Phil Mafah and their effectiveness for taking some pressure off of him through the first three games.
- On Cole Turner’s season ending injury, Klubnik thinks the offense has enough playmakers at WR to overcome the loss. Hinted that this could be a big opportunity for Adam Randall.
- Klubnik called offensive coordinator Garrett Riley “chill.” Said he enjoys going into the meeting room every day with the quarterbacks and many days Riley will start off the meetings with a story about the late Mike Leach. He likes having Riley on the sideline as opposed to him being in the booth.
- Klubnik said it is important that he not try to force things when it comes to him running the football.
- On Jordan Travis, Klubnik said he doesn’t know him personally but he knows he will present a great challenge for the Tigers’ defense.
- Klubnik praised freshman Tyler Brown for what he has accomplished in a short amount of time. Him and Antonio Williams, that is a duo right there.
- On playing behind an OL that has seen a lot of mixing and matching through three games, Klubnik said he personally has not seen much of a difference, nor has he seen much of a drop off, regardless of who is on the field.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter: https://twitter.com/All_Clemson