RALEIGH- Clemson heads to the locker trailing NC State 10-7 at halftime.
- The staff made a move to try and shore up the play along the offensive line. Tristan Leigh moved over from LT and got the start at RG, while Colin Sadler got the start at LT. The results? About the same, as the Tigers managed just 38 yards rushing in the first half and the pass protection was spotty.
- This Clemson offense wasted no time in shooting itself in the foot. On the Tigers’ very first possession, it looked like Cade Klubnik had connected with Troy Stellato on a big third down conversion. However, a Beaux Collins hold negated the big gain and Klubnik’s next pass on 3rd and 4, was batted away.
- On the very next drive, Klubnik airmailed a pass over the head of Jake Briningstool on another 3rd down that resulted in an easy interception for the Wolfpack. Four plays and 60 yards later, NC State was up 7-0.
- The Tigers finally got something going on offense on their fifth offensive series. Clemson marched 75 yards in nine plays, with Phil Mafah scoring on a TD run from two yards out. A play that Klubnik was under center for. The drive took 8:24 seconds off the clock and saw the Tigers be as efficient as we’ve seen since maybe the Syracuse game.
- Klubnik finished the half 14-of-23 for 124 yards and the pick.
- Rushing yards are still hard to come by, as Shipley and Mafah combined for just 34 yards on 11 carries.
- The Tigers are 3-of-8 on 3rd down.
- Jonathan Weitz missed his only FGA of the half, pushing a 43 yarder to end the half wide right.
- On that scoring drive Will Shipley took a big shot in the area of his neck. After laying on the field for multiple minutes, he was finally able to get up and walk off under his own power. He did not return.
- Freshman standout Tyler Brown left in the first quarter and never returned. He was seen heading to the locker room early in the second quarter.
- The Wolfpack have been limited to just 85 yards of offense. 50 of those came on one play via the legs of starting QB MJ Morris. The Tigers held NC State to just 1-of-6 on 3rd down.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter: https://twitter.com/All_Clemson