The Tigers conclude the home-and-home season series with Kennesaw State at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Tuesday night.
• Who – Kennesaw State (19-19) vs. Clemson (25-16)
• Best Ranking – KSU – NR; CU – NR
• When – Tuesday (6 p.m.)
• Where – Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch – ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers – William Qualkinbush, Ron Smith
• Listen (Radio) – Clemson Athletic Network (locally on WCCP (105.5 FM))
• Listen (Internet) – ClemsonTigers.com
• Live Stats – ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media – ClemsonBaseball
• Tickets – ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Overall Record – Clemson leads 3-0 (2018-23)
• Record at Clemson – Clemson leads 1-0 (2018)
• RHP Agyei Quinichett (KSU) vs. RHP Jackson Lindley (CU)
• Clemson, who has a 16-10 home record, swept NC State in three games in Raleigh last weekend by a combined score of 27-14.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.9 runs per game and hitting .295 with a .443 slugging percentage, .390 on-base percentage and 63 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.53 ERA, .257 opponents’ batting average and 2.53 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and Clemson is fielding .975.
KENNESAW STATE OVERVIEW
• Kennesaw State, who has a 6-7 road record and is averaging 6.5 runs per game, is led by second-year Head Coach Ryan Coe.
• The Owls won two of three games at Queens last weekend. They are hitting .284 and have a 5.05 ERA and .953 fielding percentage.
• Brayden Eidson is hitting .352, Nick Colina is batting .336 with a .537 on-base percentage and Smith Pinson has a team-high four saves.
• Clemson broke a 2-2 tie with four runs in the eighth inning in its 6-2 victory at Kennesaw State on March 22, 2023.
• The Tigers have won six road contests in a row, April victories over Florida State (2), Georgia (1) and NC State (3).
• Clemson has four wins this year when trailing entering the eighth inning.
• Junior lefthander Ryan Ammons was Clemson’s closer in 2022 and moved into the rotation early in 2023, but suffered an injury in February.
• He missed almost two months, but made his return to the mound against Georgia on April 18 out of the bullpen, where he has settled.
• He is 1-0 with a save, 2.70 ERA, .170 opponents’ batting average and 21 strikeouts in 13.1 innings pitched over four outings (two starts).
• He has only allowed three walks, good for a 7.00 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
• He is holding opponents to an .067 batting average with two outs.
• He has not allowed a steal.
• In 5.0 innings pitched in each of his two starts in 2023, he struck out nine and 10, respectively.
• In his career, he’s 2-2 with nine saves, a 4.00 ERA, .195 opponents’ batting average and 70 strikeouts in 45.0 innings pitched (38 outings).
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson