CLEMSON- After missing most of his first two seasons due to multiple injuries, including tearing an ACL ahead of last season, Troy Stellato made his return to the field in No. 25 Clemson’s 66-17 blowout win over Charleston Southern, recording a career high five receptions.
The redshirt sophomore met with the media after the game and discussed how he has dealt with the adversity over the past two years.
What We Heard
- Knowing he was finally going to make it back to the field on Saturday made this an emotional day for Stellato. “I definitely had tears in my eyes. It was just awesome getting to run down that hill and to get to play.”
- Stellato said he has heard all the outside noise while being sidelined, and he feels like a lot of people “kind of forgot” about him. “I saw all that stuff, and it was fuel, fuel, fuel.”
- “I’ve never really gone through adversity my whole life.” Stellato said going through all that stuff will make him a better man and player.
- “That injury is no joke,” the wideout said of the ACL injury. “When I couldn’t play, and that was taken away from me, it kind of hit my heart.”
- Stellato admits that he was not where he needed to be mentally as a freshman. I didn’t come in with the right mindset.” Called it a “big adjustment.” Said he likes where he is at now.
- “I’m going to bring a lot of toughness out there. I feel like my hands are really good.”
- Called Cade Klubnik “really talented,” but noted he is still young and learning. “That is one of the most talented quarterbacks I have ever seen. He is going to have a great, great season.”
- Said Klubnik has a short memory and that he is able to flush any bad plays quickly.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson