Tyler Grisham met with the media on Tuesday to preview fall camp and Clemson’s wide receivers coach talked about the health of his group, as well as the depth. Here are some notes from the outing.
- Grisham said Beaux Collins is in the best shape he has ever been. Called Collins a “team guy.” Said he has had great moments but injuries have kept him from having a great year. Said we have yet to see a fully healthy Collins. Said he played with an AC separation for a bit then had a complete separation on the other shoulder last season. Said they have been working to make his shoulders stronger.
- Expects Antonio Williams to take that next step. Wants him to be “elite, elite.” Said he is up to 194 pounds and expects him to continue to grow and mature. Loves that he is very steady, that he never gets too high or too low. Said Williams is a lot like Hunter Renfrow in that regard.
- Said Adam Randall is completely healthy and just built different. That he is capable of being one of the best to come through Clemson.
- Troy Stellato is close to 100%. Said Stellato is ready to show why he was recruited to Clemson and the receiver looks the best he’s looked.
- Grisham is excited about the four freshmen, Tink Kelley, Ronan Hanafin, Tyler Brown and Noble Johnson. Said Hanafin will play the boundary and Johnson will move to the field position. Talked about the speed Brown brings to the table, noting that was something they needed.
- Said Hanafin can help the team this year. Called him “underrated,” and a “dark horse.” Grisham loves his speed, size and ball skills, noting he is close to 215 pounds currently.
- Regarding the new offense, Grisham said Garrett Riley’s confidence trickles down to the players and he sees that in the receivers. There is more freedom in the routes and that lets the guys go be athletes. Said the spring was the most fun he has had coaching. Said Riley fits in well with the Clemson culture.
- As far as future recruiting, Grisham said this offense should be attractive to skill players and they already have a good feeling for the type of wideouts Riley likes to employ in his offense.
- Said he would have really liked to have been able to continue coaching Will Taylor, but he is happy for him regarding his choice to focus on baseball. Said Taylor has a lot of potential but the injuries really hampered his development.
- Grisham touched on Brandon Streeter. Said they have stayed in touch. Told a story about Streeter paying his way to an FCA conference when he was an analyst on the staff.
- Grisham said the room is “pretty loaded.” Expects they will roll a lot of guys in and out and thinks they will have great depth. They just have to stay healthy.
- Said Cole Turner has “springs in his legs,” noting he can go up and get the ball. Said he has taken that next step in his development. Said he is probably weighing close to 190 pounds and that is about where they want him.
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester and staff writer Will Vandervort on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson