CLEMSON- Defensive coordinator Wes Goodwin met with the media ahead of the Tigers’ bye week and talked about how his unit has performed to date.
What We Heard
- “Every week we have gotten better and better and that is kind of the goal. Really cool to see the progression.” Goodwin feels like the defensive line has really played well controlling the line of scrimmage.
- Goodwin said it was good to see Toriano Pride and Jeadyn Lukus play well after struggling against Wake Forest a season ago. Pride only found out he was starting right before kickoff.
- Pass defense and the improvement there is one of the things Goodwin is most pleased with when it comes to improving from a season ago. “A lot more experience this year. Guys have played a lot more ball. All the back seven guys are playing with a lot of confidence right now.” Says that has allowed him to play more man coverage this year.
- Goodwin said, “I feel like we can do better tackling. Clean some things up there. Continue to build consistency and momentum. Take what we learned the first part of the season and apply it to the second half.”
- On the linebackers in pass coverage, Goodwin said they have been “solid,” but definitely room for improvement.
- “Production, going out there and doing his job and doing it really well. You knew in early January he was well beyond his years,” Goodwin said of why he trusts freshman TJ Parker.
- On freshman Dee Crayton, Goodwin said he picked things up really well. “Kind of ahead of some other guys I have been around.”
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter: https://twitter.com/All_Clemson