CLEMSON—For the first time this fall, the media got to hear from starting quarterback Cade Klubnik and safety R.J. Mickens. Here is what we learned from them as the Tigers prepare to break camp Tuesday.
- “I feel like I’m me out there playing again: A high energy guy with lots of confidence and just loves the game.”
- “Our mindset and determination this year… an energy and enjoyment for the game that I have not seen since I have been here… one of the best off-seasons that I have seen before.”
- We have an energy and joy for the game I haven’t seen since I have been here.”
- “We did not let two bad drives carry throughout the game”, felt like the offense had a who cares mentality and immediately were able to move on and “take what the defense gave us” while “dominating” the rest of the scrimmage.
- Riley’s advice to him about bouncing back from bad plays has been “have a pulse.” “Don’t just zone out and space out. Lock in, get a pulse, and get rolling again. Have that energy that you had the first play when you out there.”
- Explosion of offense: “I think that they can happen on any play, I think that we have the two best running backs in the country… we’ve got guys that can make plays after the catch – Antonio Williams, Tyler Brown, Beaux Collins, Adam Randall”
- Pregame rituals: “Dream the beautiful dream… the night before just sit for awhile and imagine making every throw possible in the game… that has always been something I have done that has been very helpful.”
- The OL: “I have so much trust in those guys… it’s gonna be one of the best offensive lines in awhile… not only do we have the starting five, but we have four more guys behind them.”
- Adam Randall: “I think he’s gotten better… the knowledge of the game that he has learned more than anything… the chemistry we have… it is a testament to the work we put in this summer”
- Thank the offense for, “growing and changing and challenging (the defense) with new plays and formations…. I’m really excited for Week 1 to see what they’re going to do.”
- On Cade: “This is a really good quarterback conference, and we’ve got the best quarterback in the conference right here in Cade…. He’s developed so much from last year to this year.”
Want to join in on the discussion? 100% FREE! Interact with fellow Tiger fans and hear directly from publisher Zach Lentz, deputy editor Brad Senkiw, recruiting analyst Jason Priester on any subject. Click here to become a member of the ALL CLEMSON message board community today!
Do us a HUGE favor and like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
►LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allclemson
►FOLLOW All Clemson on Twitter:https://twitter.com/All_Clemson